Our volunteers come from all walks of life. They are a blend of people who share a common purpose – helping others by giving of themselves. South Georgia Medical Center Volunteers are caring individuals who want to help others, are responsible and mature, and comply with hospital guidelines. While volunteering time to our community of care providers, you will become part of a unique group which is committed to our “customer service absolutes” by offering a personal and compassionate approach. Through your dedication as an SGMC Volunteer, you will help provide a personal touch appreciated by patients, visitors, guests and staff.
Last year, with over 100 volunteers program wide, SGMC dedicated more than 26,000 Service Hours to our care giving community across our main campus located on North Patterson St. as well as our Smith Northview Campus located on North Valdosta Highway. Celebrating its 56 years in 2012, with a Board of Management the Auxiliary has contributed over 1.3 million hours of Service while maintaining its commitment to fundraising projects that directly fund and support the growth of our SGMC network.
Our volunteers make us proud and we value their contribution to the hospital and the community.
• Assist employees, patients and visitors in inpatient and outpatient areas
• Provide clerical assistance in hospital administration offices
• Greet and guide guests and families throughout the facility with our “First Impressions” Program
• Use your creative and musical skills with in our Art & Soul Program
• Let your best friend take you for weekly walks in the Pet Therapy Program
• See more!