SGMC Health is a not-for-profit medical system dedicated to being the leader in improving the health, wellness, and quality of life in the community.
With 418 licensed beds and more than 600 providers and 2,900 employees, SGMC Health, its campuses, and its affiliates provide a broad range of high-quality healthcare services. SGMC Health is located in Valdosta, Georgia, and serves 400,000 residents across a 15-county service area.
SGMC Health is fully accredited by DNV’s accreditation program, Integrated Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (NIAHO®) the highest mark of patient safety standards set forth by the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
SGMC Health was established to care for the sick and injured, regardless of sex, race, creed, color, nationality, handicap, or disability. A self-supporting medical system, SGMC Health proudly provides care for the sick and injured with no local tax support. Because SGMC Health is publicly owned and operated, any earnings are reinvested back into the system’s facilities and services. This also allows SGMC Health to fund valuable outreach and education programs that benefit local students, seniors, the uninsured, and many others.
SGMC Health is a member of:
- The American Hospital Association
- The Georgia Hospital Association
- The Southwest Georgia Hospital District
- Vizient MidSouth
- Georgia Alliance of Community Hospitals
SGMC Health is licensed by:
- The State of Georgia Department of Community Health
SGMC Health has been approved by:
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for participation in the Medicare Program
- The State of Georgia Department of Community Health for participation in Medicaid Services
- The State of Florida Department of Health and Rehabilitation Services for participation in Medicaid Services