About South Georgia Medical Center
South Georgia Medical Center is a not-for-profit medical system dedicated to being the leader in improving the health, wellness and quality of life in the community.
With 373 licensed beds and more than 300 affiliated physicians and 2,600 employees, SGMC, its campuses, and affiliates provide a broad range of high quality healthcare services. SGMC is located in Valdosta, Georgia and serves 380,000 residents across a 15-county service area.
SGMC was established to care for the sick and injured, regardless of sex, race, creed, color, nationality, handicap or disability. A self-supporting medical system, SGMC proudly provides care for the sick and injured with no local tax support. Because SGMC is publicly owned and operated, any earnings are reinvested back into the system’s facilities and services. This also allows SGMC to fund valuable outreach and education programs that benefit local students, seniors, the uninsured and many others.
SGMC is a member of:
- The American Hospital Association
- The Georgia Hospital Association
- The Southwest Georgia Hospital District
- Vizient MidSouth
- Georgia Alliance of Community Hospitals
SGMC is licensed by:
- The Georgia Department of Human Resources
SGMC has been approved by:
- The Department of Health and Human Services for participation in the Medicare Program
- The State of Georgia Department of Human Resources for participation in Medicaid
- The State of Florida Department of Health and Rehabilitation Services for participation in Medicaid Service