By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on SGMC Health’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on South Georgia Medical Center’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by SGMC Health at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on SGMC Health’s web site are provided “as is”. SGMC Health makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, SGMC Health does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall SGMC Health or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on SGMC Health’s Internet site, even if SGMC Health or a SGMC Health authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on SGMC Health’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. South Georgia Medical Center does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. SGMC Health may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. SGMC Health does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
SGMC Health has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by SGMC Health of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to SGMC Health’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Georgia without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
For those using the SGMC Health Facebook, SGMC Health Instagram, and SGMC Health YouTube pages or The Tree House – Resale Shop Instagram page, we hope that you enjoy reading the information and benefit in some way from what we have posted on our wall. Keep in mind that our visitors may post opinions and comments, and that these opinions and comments do not in any way echo the views of SGMC Health, other sites affiliated with these sites, our staff, or possibly other fans or visitors to these sites. SGMC Health is not responsible for the release of medical information posted on personal social media accounts. Such medical information includes, but is not limited to pictures, videos, status updates and location check-ins. SGMC Health is not responsible for third party use of photographs and information posted to SGMC social media sites. The SGMC Health Facebook, SGMC Health Instagram, and SGMC Health YouTube pages are used for SGMC Health Main, SGMC Health Smith Northview, SGMC Health Berrien, and SGMC Health Lanier. The Tree House- Resale Shop Instagram page is thetreehouseresaleshop.
*This includes SGMCHealth Valdosta, SGMC Health Foundation, Hospice of South Georgia, Langdale Place and The Tree House- Resale Shop.
- Abusive or hurtful comments about our physicians, staff members or other people
- Off-topic comments
- Comments that use foul language or hate (racial, ethnic, or gender bashing language)
- Personal attacks or defamatory comments about SGMC Health, its staff, volunteers, members of the medical staff, or fellow commenters
- Personal medical information about a patient or another person posted on the SGMC Health social media accounts
SGMC Health Social Media Networks are for informational, educational and event purposes. If you have a grievance, question about employment, or questions regarding bills or payments, listed below are appropriate ways to communicate your needs to our facility:
- Patient Relations: 229.259.4414 or 229.259.4415
- SGMC Health Berrien: 229.433.8678
- SGMC Health Lanier: 229.433.8605
- Patient Financial Services: 229.333.1040
- Human Resources: 229.259.1738
- SGMC Health Main: 229.433.1000
- SGMC Health Smith Northview: 229.433.8000
- SGMC Health Berrien: 229.433.8600
- SGMC Health Lanier: 229.482.8440
SGMC Health participates in promotions from time to time. These promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube.
Information posted on the SGMC Health Facebook, SGMC Health Instagram, and SGMC Health YouTube pages by our staff, our followers, or anyone else should not be considered medical advice. The fact that someone has posted information on our wall does not mean that we have assessed it or that we will approve or recommend it. The information that SGMC Health provides and posts is for educational and informative purposes only. SGMC Health social media sites are not intended to be used for self-diagnosis or as an endorsement of a specific treatment plan or healthcare provider and is not a substitute for proper medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Proper treatment of your health conditions depends on a number of different reasons, such as your medical history, diet, lifestyle, and the medication that you may currently take. Your physician or other licensed health care provider is in the best position to take these and other reasons into account in assessing and addressing your individual health care needs. The use of the SGMC Health Facebook, SGMC Health Instagram, and SGMC Health YouTube page does not replace medical consultation with a qualified health or medical professional. Any reliance on this type of information is strictly at your own risk.
As a service to readers and fans, SGMC Health may include in our posts links to other web sites. These links are not an endorsement of those sites and SGMC Health are not responsible for the content of any other website other than the one that is operated by SGMC Health or our affiliates.Revised October 7, 2015