SGMC’s Education Assistance Program provides financial assistance to employees who are obtaining a degree or wish to enter an accredited academic program related to the employee’s current profession or another healthcare related profession.
- Must be a benefit eligible employee for at least 1 year
- Degree you wish to obtain must be in a Healthcare related program or a field related to your current position at SGMC
- You must be enrolled at an approved institution; contact Personnel for a current and complete listing of approved institutions
- Reimbursement for up to 10 quarter hours or 6 semester hours
- Must obtain a grade of C or higher to be reimbursed
- Reimbursement is for tuition costs only (does not include charges such as technology fees, books, etc.)
- Application for Education Assistance must be submitted to Personnel at the beginning of the school term (semester or quarter)
- Employee is required to maintain employment as a benefit eligible employee on a Full Time basis for 1 full year following completion of the SGMC Education Assistance Program. Failure to complete the full year of service will result in the employee being required to repay all funds paid as Education Assistance within the last 12 months of schooling as state in PPP 66.
If you have any questions please contact 229.259.4710
RN Scholarship Program
SGMC offers the chance for anyone who has been accepted to enroll in a Register Nurse program (ADN or BSN) to be considered for a scholarship upon receipt of all required information. This scholarship is available to both employees and non-employees.
RN Scholarship Program FAQ
What if I am receiving financial aid from other sources, like Pell Grant, Hope Scholarship or a Graduate Assistant Waiver?
We take into account any source of financial aid which reduces your overall cost of tuition. You cannot be reimbursed for more than you pay in tuition.
What if I am using student loans?
Since student loans are borrowed, they do not reduce the amount you pay for school. You can still receive education assistance through SGMC if you are using student loans.
What programs are eligible for tuition reimbursement?
Programs which lead to a degree in the healthcare field are eligible for tuition reimbursement and any program which is directly related to your current position at SGMC. Occasionally, an exception may be made by the director of Human Resources to allow programs that are in high demand but unrelated to your current role.
For additional questions regarding RN Scholarship please contact Lindsey Broome at 229.259.4739 or email lindsey.broome@SGMC.ORG
|EDUCATION ASSISTANCE APPLICATION.pdf||(21378)||Education Assistance Application||Download|