Child Care Center
Building strong kids, strong families, and strong communities.
Bridging the Gap
When you cannot be there, SGMC, partnering with the YMCA of Valdosta/Lowndes County supports your efforts to nurture your child’s healthy development. The YMCA’s fully licensed child care program with certified child care professionals provides a safe, high quality, loving, and affordable care to bring you peace of mind during your daily work.
Our Promise to You
- Help your child develop to his or her fullest potential
- Provide a safe and positive environment for your child
- Work with SGMC to strengthen work force
- Seamless transition to accommodate the shifting schedule of employees
- Reinforcement of core values
Added Value for SGMC Employees
- Peace of Mind
- Schedule Flexibility
- Accept Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account dollars
- Accept CAPS Subsides
- Cameras allow you to see your child’s progress daily
Trust Our Staff
All staff must continually meet educational requirements, yearly medical examinations, pre-employment and random drug screenings, extensive background checks, CPT/First Aid certified, be knowledgeable regarding child abuse prevention, safety and risk management, and developmental profiles. Staff must complete annual training required by the Department of Human Resources, as well as abide by YMCA policies and procedures.
Enrollment applications are currently being accepted. Preference will be given to children whose parent(s) routinely work 10 or 12 hour shifts.
Hours of Operation
6:30 am to 8:00 pm Monday – Friday Located less than 1 mile from SGMC Main Campus! 2306 Bemiss Road, Valdosta, GA 31602