Dr. James Davis is a Board Certified General Surgeon who specializes in Endocrine Surgery. In addition to being trained as a general surgeon, Dr. Davis also holds a fellowship from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in the rare subspecialty of endocrine surgery. Endocrine surgeons are specialized in the care of both benign and malignant diseases of the thyroid, parathyroids, adrenal glands and pancreas.
With his specialized training, Dr. Davis is an expert in minimally invasive parathyroid and thyroid surgery as well as complex laparoscopic adrenal surgery. He offers a wide range of unique services including transabdominal laparoscopic adrenalectomy; minimally invasive thyroid and parathyroid surgery; lymph node dissections, and reoperative surgery for recurrent thyroid cancer.
Dr. Davis is also certified in minimally-invasive laparoscopic surgeries using the daVinci Robot.
As a native Georgian, Dr. Davis is excited to return to his home state to practice medicine.
- Minimally Invasive Thyroid Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Parathyroid Surgery
- Reoperative Parathyroid Surgery
- Surgery for Recurrent Thyroid Cancer
- Laparoscopic & Robotic Adrenalectomy
- Laparoscopic Pancreas Surgery
- Diagnosis and Management of Thyroid Nodules and Goiters
- Evaluation and Management of Adrenal Tumors
- Assessment of Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia (MEN) and other genetic endocrine conditions
- Open, Laparoscopic, and Robotic Surgery of the Abdomen (Gastro-intestinal tract, spleen, pancreas)
- Hernia Surgery (open, laparoscopic, and robotic repairs)
- Upper Endoscopy and Colonoscopy
- Breast Surgery for benign and malignant conditions
- Skin and Soft Tissue Conditions
- Acute Care Surgery and Emergency Trauma
“I’d recommend Dr. Davis to anyone in need of an endocrine surgery,” said James Walker, surgery patient. Read about his experience.
Physician referrals are recommended. Call the office manager at 229.333.1711 to refer a patient or if you have any questions. Please fax important medical documents prior to scheduled appointments to 229.333.1719. Common documents include:
- Most recent office visit H&P
- CT/Xray/ultrasound reports and CD’s/films
- Operative notes/procedures
- Most recent discharge summary
- Insurance information
Conveniently located inside the Professional Building on SGMC’s main campus
2409 N. Patterson Street
Valdosta, Georgia 31602