Know The Symptoms of Stroke
Recognition of stroke and calling 9-1-1 determines how quickly someone receives help and treatment. Getting to a hospital rapidly will more likely lead to a better recovery.
Know the signs and symptoms of stroke:
- SUDDEN numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg (especially on one side of the body)
- SUDDEN confusion, trouble speaking or understanding.
- SUDDEN trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
- SUDDEN trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination.
- SUDDEN severe headache with no known cause.
Using the mnemonic device FAST is an easy way to remember and identify the warning signs of stroke: