Jianfeng (Jack) Wang, MD
SGMC Pearlman Cancer Center
2501 N. Patterson Street
Valdosta, GA 31603-1727(229) 259-4616
Medical School: China Medical School (MD) ; Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine (PhD)
Internship: Mount Auburn Hospital, Harvard Medical School (Internal Medicine)
Residency: Mount Auburn Hospital, Harvard Medical School (Internal Medicine)
Fellowship: Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (Hematology/Oncology); Post-doctoral Fellow: Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
Boards: American Board of Internal Medicine, American Board of Medical Oncology, American Board of Hematology
Dr. Wang joined the SGMC Medical Staff in 2017. Dr. Wang is a skilled physician with over 20 years of research and clinical experience in the Hematology/Oncology. He is dedicated to maintain the high standards of the field and committed to providing excellent care and service to patients with his extensive knowledge and experience of hematology and oncology obtained from the training at Harvard Medical School and Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. He is skilled in all the cutting-edge treatments including immunotherapies and targeted therapies to his cancer patients. Dr. Wang spent many cold winters dealing with snow and ice in Boston and New Jersey, so he is happy to be in Georgia. Because of our mild climate, he can enjoy outdoor activities like basketball and badminton. Country music is his favorite type of music. He also loves watching movies on TV.
Organizations: Member of American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Spencer K.R., Wang J.*, Silk A.W., Ganesan S., Kaufman H.L., Mehnert J.M. (2016) Biomarkers for Immunotherapy: Current Developments and Challenges. Am Soc Clin Oncol Educ Book 35:e493-503.
- Ramasamy S., Saez B., Mukhopadhyay S., Ding D., Ahmed A.M., Chen X., Pucci F., Yamin R., Wang J., Pittet M.J., Kelleher C.M., Scadden D.T., Sweetser D.A. (2016) Tle1 tumor suppressor negatively regulates inflammation in vivo and modulates NF-κB inflammatory pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113(7):1871-6.
- Wheat J.C., Krause D.S., Shin T.H., Chen X., Wang J., Ding D., Yamin R., Sweetser D.A. (2014) The corepressor Tle4 is a novel regulator of murine hematopoiesis and bone development. PLoS One 9(8):e105557
- Zhang Y., Wang J.*, Wheat J., Chen, X., Jin S., Peterson R. T., Sweetser D. A., and Yeh J. R. (2013) The AML1-ETO oncogene mediates leukemogenesis through a COX/β-catenin signaling pathway. Blood 121(24):4906-16.
- Wei G., Leeuw E., Pazgier M., Yuan W., Zou G., Wang J., Ericksen B., Lu W. Y., Lehrer R. I., and Lu W. (2009) Through the Looking Glass, Mechanistic Insights from Enantiomeric Human Defensins. Journal of Biological Chemistry 284(42):29180-29192
- Suzuki Y., Adachi Y., Zhang Y., Minamino K., Iwasaki M., Mukaide H., Shi M., Nakano K., Koike Y., Wang J., Koike-Kiriyama N., Shigematsu A., Yanai S., Ikehara S. (2008) Administration of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor to recipients followed by intra-bone marrow-bone marrow transplantation accelerates acceptance of allogeneic bone marrow cells in mice. Immunobiology 213(5), 427-435
- Dayyani F., Wang J.*, Yeh J. R., Ahn E. Y., Tobey E., Zhang D. E., Bernstein I. D., Peterson R. T., Sweetser D. A. (2008) Loss of TLE1 and TLE4 from the del(9q) commonly deleted region in AML cooperates with AML1-ETO to affect myeloid cell proliferation and survival. Blood 111(8), 4338-4347
- Guo K., Inaba M., Li M., An J., Cui W., Song C., Wang J., Cui Y., Sakaguchi Y., Tsuda M., Omae M., Ando Y., Li Q., Wang X., Feng W., Ikehara S. (2008) Long-term donor-specific tolerance in rat cardiac allografts by intrabone marrow injection of donor bone marrow cells. Transplantation 85(1), 93-101
- Kimura T., Asada R., Wang J., Morioka M., Matsui K., Kobayashi K., Henmi K., Imai S., Kita M., Tsuji T., Sasaki Y., Ikehara S., Sonoda Y. (2007) Identification of long-term repopulating potential of human cord blood-derived CD34-flt3- severe combined immunodeficiency-repopulating cells by intra-bone marrow injection. Stem Cells 25(6), 1348-1355
- Wang X., Hisha H., Taketani S., Adachi Y., Li Q., Cui W., Cui Y., Wang J., Song C., Mizokami T., Okazaki S., Fan T., Fan H., Lian Z., Gershwin M. E., Ikehara S. (2006) Characterization of mesenchymal stem cells isolated from mouse fetal bone marrow. Stem Cells 24(3), 482-493
- Kaneda H., Adachi Y., Saito Y., Ikebukuro K., Machida H., Suzuki Y., Minamino K., Zhang Y., Iwasaki M., Nakano K., Koike Y., Wang J., Imamura H., Ikehara S. (2005) Long-term observation after simultaneous lung and intra-bone marrow-bone marrow transplantation. J Heart Lung Transplant 24(9), 1415-1423
- Iwasaki M., Adachi Y., Nishiue T., Minamino K., Suzuki Y., Zhang Y., Nakano K., Koike Y., Wang J., Mukaide H., Taketani S., Yuasa F., Tsubouchi H., Gohda E., Iwasaka T., Ikehara S. (2005) Hepatocyte growth factor delivered by ultrasound-mediated destruction of microbubbles induces proliferation of cardiomyocytes and amelioration of left ventricular contractile function in Doxorubicin-induced cardiomyopathy. Stem Cells 23(10), 1589-1597
- Minamino K., Adachi Y., Okamura A., Kushida T., Sugi M., Watanabe M., Muguruma K., Sugao H., Suzuki Y., Iwasaki M., Nakano K., Koike Y., Wang J., Mukaide H., Zhang Y., Matsuda T., Matsumura M., Ikehara S. (2005) Autopsy case of primary choriocarcinoma of the urinary bladder. Pathol Int 55(4), 216-222
- Iwasaki M., Adachi Y., Minamino K., Suzuki Y., Zhang Y., Okigaki M., Nakano K., Koike Y., Wang J., Mukaide H., Taketani S., Mori Y., Takahashi H., Iwasaka T., Ikehara S. (2005) Mobilization of bone marrow cells by G-CSF rescues mice from cisplatin-induced renal failure, and M-CSF enhances the effects of G-CSF. J Am Soc Nephrol 16(3), 658-666
- Zhang Y., Adachi Y., Suzuki Y., Minamino K., Iwasaki M., Hisha H., Song C. Y., Kusafuka K., Nakano K., Koike Y., Wang J., Koh E., Cui Y., Li C., Ikehara S. (2004) Simultaneous injection of bone marrow cells and stromal cells into bone marrow accelerates hematopoiesis in vivo. Stem Cells 22(7), 1256-1262
- Kimura T., Wang J., Matsui K., Imai S., Yokoyama S., Nishikawa M., Ikehara S., Sonoda Y. (2004) Proliferative and migratory potentials of human cord blood-derived CD34- severe combined immunodeficiency repopulating cells that retain secondary reconstituting capacity. Int J Hematol 79(4), 328-333
- Kimura T., Minamiguchi H., Wang J., Kaneko H., Nakagawa H., Fujii H., Sonoda Y. (2004) Impaired stem cell function of CD34+ cells selected by two different immunomagnetic beads systems. Leukemia 18(3), 566-574
- Wang J., Kimura T., Asada R., Harada S., Yokota S., Kawamoto Y., Fujimura Y., Tsuji T., Ikehara S., Sonoda Y. (2003) SCID-repopulating cell activity of human cord blood-derived CD34- cells assured by intra-bone marrow injection. Blood 101(8), 2924-2931
- Fujiki H., Kimura T., Minamiguchi H., Harada S., Wang J., Nakao M., Yokota S., Urata Y., Ueda Y., Yamagishi H., Sonoda Y. (2002) Role of human interleukin-9 as a megakaryocyte potentiator in culture. Exp Hematol 30(12), 1373-1380
- Kimura T., Wang J., Minamiguchi H., Fujiki H., Harada S., Okuda K., Kaneko H., Yokota S., Yasukawa K., Abe T., Sonoda Y. (2000) Signal through gp130 activated by soluble interleukin (IL)-6 receptor (R) and IL-6 or IL-6R/IL-6 fusion protein enhances ex vivo expansion of human peripheral blood-derived hematopoietic progenitors. Stem Cells 18(6), 444-452
- Minamiguchi H., Yahata N., Kimura T., Fujiki H., Harada S., Wang J., Okuda K., Kaneko H., Hodohara K., Banba T., Yasukawa K., Ohyashiki J. H., Ohyashiki K., Abe T., Sonoda Y. (2000) Interleukin 6 receptor expression by human cord blood- or peripheral blood-derived primitive haematopoietic progenitors implies acquisition of different functional properties. Br J Haematol 110(2), 327-338
- WHO/Sasagawa Medical Fellowship. April 1998 – March 1999
- Rotary Scholarship. April 2001 – March 2003
- SCID-repopulation cell activity of human cord blood-derived CD34-negative cells assured by intra-bone marrow injection. Best Paper Award for Young Investigator of Japan Society for Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation. December, 2003
- SCID-repopulation cell activity of human cord blood-derived CD34-negative cells assured by intra-bone marrow injection. The Award for Young Investigator of Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine. February, 2004
- Groucho/TLE corepressors regulate myeloid differentiation and size of the stem cell/progenitor population. The Travel Grants at the First Massachusetts General Hospital for Children Research Day. March, 2009
“Dr. Wang is a caring person, I have worked with him for a couple of years now. And during the Covid pandemic, my Mother and Brother had Covid at the same time in Savannah, Georgia. Whenever the doctors would call me with an update on their case, this continued for a couple of weeks, I would ask Dr. Wang and he would advise me on what I should do. This was the hardest thing I had to do in my life. I will be forever grateful to him, especially when I could not be there. Both Mom and Brother passed away weeks later.”
“Dr. Wang is a caring person, I have worked with him for a couple of years now. And during the Covid pandemic, my Mother and Brother had Covid at the same time in Savannah Georgia. Whenever the doctors would call me with an update on their case, this continue for a couple of weeks, I would ask Dr. Wang and he would advise me on what I should do. This was the hardest thing I had to do in my life. I will be forever grateful to him, especially when I could not be there. Both Mom and Brother passed away weeks later.” – Yolanda R.
“Dr. Wang is incredible. He listened to me carefully, asked questions, and considered my symptoms and concerns respectfully. He offered opinions, asked questions, and valued my input. I felt like he was a member of my team, not trying to just get through my visit. His attitude displayed value of my experiences and concerns, and he was impressed that I was an informed patient. I was very impressed with his knowledge, bed-side manner, and desire to get to the root of the problem. I feel very lucky that I have this opportunity to work with such a dedicated and personable doctor.” – Deb M.
“Dr. Wang was very pleasant, I enjoyed meeting him.” – Patient Survey
“Compassionate, good listener, and advisor. Makes you feel as if he really cares.”- Patient Survey
“He was very professional, courteous and knowledgeable.” – Patient Survey
“Compassionate, good listener, and advisor. Makes you feel as if he really cares.”- Patient Survey