During the COVID-19 pandemic, all standard SGMC Volunteer Service programs are currently suspended. However, we are accepting applications for Volunteers that can help at our COVID-19 Drive-Thru Vaccination Site.
Our Canopy of Care
Our Canopy of Care is an opportunity to expose teens ages 14-17 to the SGMC Healthcare Environment. Whether it is the inner-workings of patient care or the administrative support that establishes foundations and thresholds for Customer Service success. No matter where the placement occurs, all roads lead to an ultimate goal of internal and external customer care. Our program should be viewed as a holistic learning opportunity, a youth empowerment and community service initiative that engages civic and service-minded young people in a variety of mentoring, volunteering and philanthropy opportunities.
Some goals to consider when determining whether you have a desire to immerse yourself in the program would be:
- Opportunity to potentially gain experience with academic medical exposure.
- A chance to work with health-care professionals.
- Assist in providing service to internal and external customers.
- Contributions of work that have an affective impact to performance and results.
- Gain experience working as part of a team.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Complete community service requirements.
- Use volunteer experience on college and scholarship applications and when seeking future employment.
The 2020 Canopy of Care Teen Volunteer Summer Session application process is now open! The application deadline is March 27, 2020.
Thank you for your interest in the SGMC Canopy of Care Teen Volunteer initiative!