James Davis, MD, Endocrine Surgeon and General Surgeon
Dr. James Davis is a Board Certified General Surgeon who specializes in Endocrine Surgery. In addition to general surgery, Dr. Davis holds a fellowship from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in the rare sub-specialty of endocrine surgery. Endocrine surgeons are specialized in the care of both benign and malignant diseases of the thyroid, parathyroids, adrenal glands and pancreas.
With his specialized training, Dr. Davis is an expert in minimally invasive parathyroid and thyroid surgery as well as complex laparoscopic adrenal surgery. He offers a wide range of unique services including transabdominal laparoscopic adrenalectomy; minimally invasive thyroid and parathyroid surgery; lymph node dissections, and reoperative surgery for recurrent thyroid cancer.
Dr. Davis is also certified in minimally-invasive laparoscopic surgeries using the daVinci Robot.
Dr. Davis attended Mercer University School of Medicine in Macon, GA and completed his surgical residency at the University of South Carolina, School of Medicine in Greenville.
As a native Georgian, Dr. Davis is excited to return to his home state to practice medicine.
- Minimally Invasive Thyroid Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Parathyroid Surgery
- Reoperative Parathyroid Surgery
- Surgery for Recurrent Thyroid Cancer
- Laparoscopic & Robotic Adrenalectomy
- Laparoscopic Pancreas Surgery
- Diagnosis and Management of Thyroid Nodules and Goiters
- Evaluation and Management of Adrenal Tumors
- Assessment of Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia (MEN) and other genetic endocrine conditions
- Open, Laparoscopic, and Robotic Surgery of the Abdomen (Gastro-intestinal tract, spleen, pancreas)
- Hernia Surgery (open, laparoscopic, and robotic repairs)
- Upper Endoscopy and Colonoscopy
- Breast Surgery for benign and malignant conditions
- Skin and Soft Tissue Conditions
- Acute Care Surgery and Emergency Trauma