Once you are home, it is important for you to get as much rest as possible.
- Let others take care of housework, you need time to get to know your baby
- Take the phone off the hook and rest when the baby sleeps
- Try to limit visitors when you first get home. Do not be afraid to tell people you are tired; most people will understand.
- Avoid heavy lifting and too much stair climbing
- If driving, avoid taking pain medication (narcotics)
- Talk with your healthcare provider before resuming a regular exercise program after your baby’s birth