Canopy of Care - Teen Volunteers
Our Canopy of Care
Our Canopy of Care is an opportunity to expose teens ages 14-17 to the SGMC Healthcare Environment. Whether it is the inner-workings of patient care or the administrative support that establishes foundations and thresholds for Customer Service success. No matter where the placement occurs, all roads lead to an ultimate goal of internal and external customer care. Our program should be viewed as a holistic learning opportunity, a youth empowerment and community service initiative that engages civic and service-minded young people in a variety of mentoring, volunteering and philanthropy opportunities.
Some goals to consider when determining whether you have a desire to immerse yourself in the program would be:
- Opportunity to potentially gain experience with academic medical exposure.
- A chance to work with health-care professionals.
- Assist in providing service to internal and external customers.
- Contributions of work that have an affective impact to performance and results.
- Gain experience working as part of a team.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Complete community service requirements.
- Use volunteer experience on college and scholarship applications and when seeking future employment.
The application window to participate in the 2019 Canopy of Care Teen Volunteer Summer Session is now OPEN. If interested in applying for the 2019 Summer term, please click on the link below, carefully read the application instructions provided at the top of the application page, and submit your form prior to the deadline. Thank you for your interest in the SGMC Canopy of Care Teen Volunteer initiative!
Dates to Know:
- Application deadline is March 8, 2019
- Screening Appointments will be held Monday March 25, 2019 through April 12, 2019 (after school appointments and open through Spring Break)
- Classroom Orientation June 4, 2019 (mandatory attendance with no exceptions of alternative date offered)
- First day of placements, June 10, 2019
- Last day of program, July 19, 2019