Nursing Case Management
During your treatment at the Pearlman Cancer Center, the Nurse Case Manager/Navigator (NCM) will be your guide.
Each of our NCM are trained to assist you in navigating your way through the healthcare system. They will focus on individual barriers and resolutions to healthcare, providing support from diagnosis to treatment completion, provide arenas for open discussion and allow you to focus on healing.
The Nursing Case Managers goals are to:
- Provide referrals prior to initial appointment
- Emotional support
- Allow you to focus on healing
- Help with communication between you and your physician
- Allow for open discussions
- Listen and reassure
- Augment care
- Clarify areas of confusion
- Resolve patient barriers
- Facilitate access to care
- Mend gaps in the systems